Ratchet has most features expected of an IRC client, but several of them are incomplete and maybe be buggy, here is a partial list of features however. More will be added and improved as icecap and Ratchet mature
- Config dialog where almost all features are configurable.
- Configurable formats for all events and timestamps.
- Tab bar can be relocated to top, bottom, left or right sides of the window.(BROKEN)
- Times can be used from either the client where Ratchet is running or from the server running irssi2.
- Tab completion with option to set whether tab completion results are sorted by name or last activity time. Also allows tab completion of commands.
- Right click popup menus for users, links, tabs
- Link parsing to identify clickable links.
- All configs not required to connect are stored in icecap.
- Supports almost all icecap's features.
A powerful plugin API and plugin framework that allows plugins to be loaded/unloaded/configured (still somewhat experimental but stabilizing)
- Tab numbering. (BROKEN)
- Link grabber, links can be filtered by time, username or URL (BROKEN)
- GUI for managing presences/gateways/networks
- As much as possible things will be controllable via the keyboard. A keybinding system and GUI will be implemented.
- Everything done via the GUI (connecting, configuring, plugin management) should be possible to be done via the entry line to keep that old CLI power for those who like it.
- A dynamic help system for program commands, plugins can include documentation of their commands so they will be documented on load.