Currently writing an Icecap client for KDE based on Konversation: https://trac.allenjb.me.uk/icekap/
I currently maintain a copy of the icecap protocol in a nicer (IMO) format at: https://trac.allenjb.me.uk/icekap/wiki/IcecapProtocol
These are features I believe to be currently unsupported by icecapd. If they're not, please let me know the commands. (Sort of in order, with most valued at the top).
- Standalone daemon mode (no (x)inetd)
- Away support
- Bans (I guess this sort of comes under channel modes)
- Autoconnect events (eg. nickserv auth)
- Channel lists
- Display topic author and date without having to wait for a change event
- Icecap should either get and pass this on channel join, or provide a command to get this info.
- Source presence and reason for kicks
- Method to test whether a given string is a channel or a presence for a given mypresence
- Alternatively, method to obtain prefixes specified by the (IRC) server of a given mypresence
- User modes support
- Channel modes support
- Support for kicking users
- Auto set-away on last client quit and auto clear-away on first connection
- Ability to get user real names
- Support for "named" clients. So I can call a client 'home' and call another 'work' and see events like: *;client disconnect;name=work
- This would allow me to, with the below, do something like: Get all events since client 'home' last quit, even if work quit since then 8 times.
Things I'd like to be able to do with 'event get'
The following are examples of actions I'd like to be able to perform:
- Get events where the presence parameter was equal to my presence name (my nickname)
- Get events where the msg parameter had a given string in it (eg. messages with "AllenJB" anywhere in them)
- Get events since a certain event last occurred, eg. client disconnect